A Midsummer Day's Resonance Bonus Content Guide
A Midsummer Day's Resonance is a very good kinetic visual novel that was translated for al|together 2005. While the story does not have any interactive elements, the author included bonus post-completion content which requires correctly applying a code. I encourage you to try to figure it out on your own before using this guide. However, note that this guide has nothing to do with the story of A Midsummer Day's Resonance and contains no spoilers regarding the game or the bonus content other than how to access the bonus content.
Steps Prior to Spoiler
- Read A Midsummer Day's Resonance to completion. The extra content requires the player to complete the story once through in the save file.
- Watch the end credits. Wait for the sound that accompanies Kasumi's phone to play after the credits finish. Look at the bottom right corner of the screen and note the four numbers that appear: 0374.
- When you return to the title screen menu, note the appearance of three new menu items: Shortcut, Gallery, Music. Take a look at each menu item and consider how the 0374 code could be used. Note that the author of the game stated on his website that you do not type 0374 in using the numeric keys on your keyboard.
I present the solution if you find yourself stuck.
- Open the Gallery menu.
- The Gallery menu has 12 clickable items. Each one reveals a different chapter card. ON and OFF are the prologue and epilogue respectively. 1-0 represent the cards for each chapters, with 1 being the first and 0 being the 10th.
- Click on cards 0, 3, 7, and 4 in that order. After you click on one card, left clicking again will bring up the chapter menu. You should input the 0, 3, 7, 4 sequence without ever returning to the main Gallery menu.
- After following the sequence through 4, you will hear a sound effect and be taken to a secret menu with six new gallery items. Enjoy -- I think they are worthwhile. Note that after leaving the secret menu, you will need to go through the 0374 sequence to see it again.
Read the beginning and end of the game's 0.txt file. The beginning includes a humorous dialogue between two of the characters about visual novels. The end features a statement from the author.